Thursday, September 1, 2011

Around the World in 20 pictures.. get it? HaHa



Around the World in 80 Days Book Cover



Phileas Fogg is the main character.



He lives in London...




 ...and is pretty rich.



Also, he is super OCD.



Seriously, he fired his servant...for bringing him his water two degrees too cold.



"I don't always drink water, but when i do...




...it best be 68 degrees."




So anyway, he hires this snazzy new french servant, Passepartout.



Pictured: Who Hollywood cast as the French servant.



 Fogg likes to play Whist with his rich buddies.




Artist rendering of Fogg's buddies




They talk about a bank robber (Foreshadowing is rampant)...




...and a new railroad Fogg claims allows circumnavigation in 80 days.




One of his  friends says, "I do say, Phileas..."





"... no man could travel around the world in 80 days!"




Pictured: Phileas.




Phileas bets half his life savings that he can do it.





Phileas and Passepartout set out on a train.




Surprise, a cop thinks Phileas is the robber. Shenanigans ensue.

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are hilarious! You practically told the entire first chapter of the book with hilarious irony. Perhaps the best picture was your "Artist rendering" of what Phileas' reaction to his friends claim. A better picture could not have been found to portray it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, I love your picture story. I actually lol'ed when I looked at it. Some people may not get most of your pictures but I am a man of the internet and I laughed hard. My favorite picture was the "Challenge Accepted" picture. It was my favorite because that is exactly what I pictured when he accepted the bet. Thank you for this work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brandon, i really like this post! it is funny and at the same time time it gives me a really good idea of the main character and the plot. i love that it isnt just 20 pictures of things in the story, but more that the picture along with the captions tell the story. really clever! well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaddup Brandon, just dropping by on my perusing trip on the blogosphere, and i couldn't help but notice all of the pretty pictures you have posted and the strange affiliation you have with all things meme within your blog. Besides that though, I am particularly interested in your book. You see, i am quite the Jackie Chan enthusiast, i love every movie he is even remotely in. Police Story? Ever heard of it? the man Does his own stunts and slides down an electro-pole, check it out, for realsies. But all Chan aside, this book sounds rather interesting because of the antique aspect that exists within it,nowadays a person could get around the world in 4 days give or take, with all of our spaceships, indy cars, submarines, and whatnot, long gone is the day and age of hot air balloons and massive steam engines, and for those lost days, i shed a single tear.
    Much Love,
    Michael "Chan" Wilkison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya Brandon, twas checking out your blog and this instantly caught my eye. The obvious humor is obvious as are the many memes. Now I've never read 'Around the World in 80 Days' and before this point never cared to, yet your clever choice of pictures has really got me intrigued. I also like how you provided a nice little plot synopsis via the pictures, and I dare say that I'd much rather read the book as depicted by your pictures and captions. Bravo man, consider me hooked.

    ReplyDelete